What is a Schools as Community Centre (SaCC)?
We work in partnership with local agencies to provide a range of activities to engage and support young families with children 0-8 years. The groups are free or at a very low cost. The groups can include:
- Parenting programs
- Early literacy groups
- Supported playgroups
- Transition to school
- Young Parent groups
- Children's music and dance programs
- Health and nutrition workshops
- Preparation for employment
- Adult education outreach
The SaCC project recognises the importance of:
The early years of children's development
The role of parents as their children's first teachers
Connecting families with children to the local community
Programs running include:
- Various parenting and support programs for adults.
- Messy and sensory play for children under 2 years and 3-6 years
- Supported Play group – including an Aboriginal group open to all families with young children.
- Early Birds - a transition to school program for children starting school at Gorokan Public next year
View Term programs, flyers and information at: Gorokan Schools as Community Centre
Find us on Facebook: Central Coast Schools as Community Centres
Gorokan SaCC is open Monday -Thursday and is located just inside Gorokan Public School with a single gate entry at the Northern end of the school grounds.